Thursday, May 24, 2007

8th Grade Graduation

Last night, we celebrated the graduation of our 8th Graders with a mass, commencement and reception. What a joy to be part of this event. I hired a piano player to help me out with the music. I played guitar, and we had our school choir present to privide wonderful music. I really enjoy being there with the school choir, and last night was no exeption. Two of the younger girls in the choir pulled me aside before the service began and commented on how nice my dress was I was wearing. When I tried to tell them I wasn't wearing one, they informed me that I had an ugly Pink and Green dress. I thanked them for telling me this and went back to my preparations. Kids have such a way of seeing the world and I tend to be inspired by it. The humor is genuine, without hurt or malice in it. Our next big event will be in August when we host the diocesan school kickoff mass with the Bishop. I love my job.

No comments: