Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas reflections

Wow! What a rush. It's obviously been a while since I posted in here. With Christmas and New Years now past, I can take a deep sigh and brace myself for the next big season. Whew!

What a great time I had for Advent and Christmas this year. Working with our Adult Choir, School Choir, and all the cantors was a lot of work but so worth it. I was able to bring a number of new songs and experiences to the parish community here, and am quite happy with that. I was not able to do my Advent Lessons and Carols service, but I am already preparing it for next year. I think it could be a hit, if given a good shot. One of my fellow music ministers in the city wrote one and, from what I hear, it was absolutely phenomenal. I could only hope to do one half as nice. Props to Paul.

It's amazing how putting yourself fully into a church Christmas makes all the other aspects of Christmas seem so different. I started my Christmas shopping early this year, and felt very laid back and comfortable with the whole thing by the time Christmas arrived. I even had a couple extra gifts, that I dont know what to do with. HA!! Also, the woman who does our decorations, Jacki, did such a good job designing and implementing her ideas this year. I'll have to get some pictures and post them before they all come down. Being part of it all was such a privilage.

Christmas Eve was quite difficult for me this year. I think for the first time, other than being at Church, I was alone (other than my cat of course). After our late service, the Choir surprised me with a gift that just blew me away. I had no idea they even thought of it. Truely a gift in many ways. Thanks all!

Well, now we are getting ready for Lent and Easter which are coming up on us very quickly. Its funny talking about Lent when our Christmas decorations are still up. Here's to a great success and continued successes throughout the new year.

1 comment:

Natasha Beccaria said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again Mark. Give kitty a pet for me! hugs to you!