Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Post Traumatic Sydrome

I know that this is no laughing matter, but I feel like I just went through Post Traumatic Syndrome this week. I had a very difficult couple of weeks, and once everything was finished and the last song had been sung and the last book had been put away on Easter morning, I was ready to crash. Not more than two days later, I got very sick. I somehow was able to have both a bad Flu virus and Strep Throat at the same time. I dont remember the last time I went from chills right into the sweats and back into the chills again. I guess I can be happy I had some sick time to take off from work and do some serious recovery. Now, all is well again, and I'm ready to take on the world. Last night, I just had to get out for a nice long walk... wonderful.

The School choir had its "return" practice yesterday. We had so much fun. Every one of those who came were in a great mood, and were excited to be back together again. (We're getting the band back together.) By the time it was over, my heart was racing, and I had to stop before I got to a couple songs I wanted to play with because we ran out of time. What a fantastic feeling. When we had mass this morning, that energy carried over. They were so good today, and I am so honored to be up there leading them.

So, now the tedious work begins, putting everything back together. My office is in shambles, my music files are seperated out into stacks from various days we sang, and I have a new season to tweak and primp so that I can offer the best possible worship experience. I have come to love my "creative" days as I call them. These are the days I can step back from the administration parts of the job, and really dream about what this music program can be. I think the rest of this week can be used for a bit of that time. I have some new songs I'm getting excited about. I have some young cantors that I am looking forward to seeing what their made of. It's a brand new day.

P.S. Ugh... wouldn't you know it, but I forgot to thank John, the fantastic guy who covered for my while I was sick this last weekend. He is definately one of my best resources, trusted advisors, and good friends. Thanks John.

No comments: