Sunday, June 15, 2008

Opposites attract

Just reflecting on my life...

Last night, my dinner club got together for the third time. We had a fantastic southern inspired dinner with ribs, sweet potatoes and polenta with goat cheese. My fried zucchini even fit in pretty well. We had two guests for dinner as well, our host's nephew and her mother. It was a very pleasant evening hearing stories about their life back home in Kentucky. We were there for close to five hour just eating, talking and laughing.

And now for something completely different...

Tonight, I was asked to take a visiting missionary out for dinner after he talked to our communtity. He is a priest from India, and runs a vocational school there. This was his first trip outside of India, and he winds up in Indiana. Ironic? Anyway, our discussion as we enjoyed our Chicago style pizza ranged from music to poverty to global political structures. How different from the night before, but still as engaging and enjoyable for me.

Some days, I really love my job.

No comments: